Tax Season is Upon Us
This tax season, many homeowners are eager for their refund (we\’ll be checking the mail often!). But, this year, instead of a trip to Atlantic City, why not invest in something to benefit you and your home? Exterior remodeling is an excellent way to use your refund wisely.
By investing in new windows, doors, roofing, and siding, your home will look and function better – and you\’d probably be more inclined to invite family and friends over! Your house might also gain a little value. And, exterior home improvements can improve energy efficiency. So, that\’s a win-win-win-win!
Consider These Options for Exterior Remodeling
- Have new windows installed: Drafty windows can be a major source of energy loss and can be costly to heat and cool your home. Having new, energy-efficient windows installed can help you save on energy bills and improve the look of your home\’s exterior (and interior).
- Replace siding: New siding can be a great way to improve the look and value of your home. It is a cost-effective way to upgrade your home\’s exterior, while also providing protection from the elements. With so many different materials and styles available, there is sure to be an option that fits every homeowner’s needs and budget.
- Install a new roof: A new roof can not only improve the appearance of your home, but can also protect it from weather damage and leaks. It can make a huge difference to the safety, and energy efficiency of your property; it’s also important to choose the right material and design for your roof to ensure that it will last for years to come.
- Add a deck or patio: Outdoor living spaces are a great way to enjoy your home\’s exterior and can add value to your property.
- Landscape: Updating your home\’s landscaping can improve its appearance and create a welcoming environment. You may consider using Evolve Stone.
Seeking a Good Potential Return
Exterior remodeling can provide a good return on investment (ROI) if done properly. The amount of ROI you can expect will depend on several factors, including the type of remodeling project, the materials used, and the location of your home. Projects range from replacing siding, roofing, windows and doors, to landscaping and other outdoor improvements. Plus, if you’re getting ready to sell your home, investing in exterior remodeling may a great way to increase curb appeal, and keep buyers interested.
It\’s also important to note that ROI can vary based the local real estate market. To ensure a good ROI on your exterior remodeling project, it\’s important to work with a reputable contractor who can guide you through the process and provide high-quality work. Be sure to read reviews and ask for references before making a hiring decision.
Set a Budget and Stick to It
It\’s important to set a budget and stick to it. Follow these quick steps to stay on track:
- Prioritize the elements of your exterior remodeling project based on your needs and budget. Consider essential elements and remove ones you can live without.
- Choose cost-effective materials for your project. For example, opting for vinyl siding instead of wood can save you money without sacrificing quality.
- Making changes mid-project may increase your budget. Stick to your original plan as much as possible and make necessary changes before your project begins.
- Plan for future maintenance costs when creating your budget. Regular maintenance can help prolong the life of your exterior remodeling project and prevent costly repairs down the road.
You\’ve worked for your tax refund – now let it to work for you in your next exterior remodeling project!